Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 12 miniutes • Serves: 8
6 tablespoons sugar
Whipped Plant Cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup (1 stick) Country Crock® Plant Butter Sticks with Avocado Oil, melted
1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
1. Strawberries: Toss sliced strawberries and sugar in a bowl. Allow the berries to sit for 30 minutes or up to 2 hours before serving.
2. Whipped Plant Cream: Using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer, whisk all ingredients on high until the Country Crock® Plant Cream thickens and stiff peaks form.
3. Shortcakes: Preheat oven to 475F. Mix the Country Crock® Plant Cream and lemon juice in a small bowl, and set aside for several minutes or until it begins to curdle.
4. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Stir in the Country Crock® Plant Butter and Country Crock® Plant Cream + lemon juice mixture.
5. Knead the dough a few times and then shape it into a circle about 1″ tall. Cut the circle into 8 wedges. Transfer wedges onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush tops of biscuits generously with Country Crock® Plant Cream and sprinkle turbinado sugar on top.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes, rotating the sheet halfway through baking. The biscuits should be nicely golden brown. Cool before assembling.
7. Split each biscuit in two. Spoon strawberries over half of the biscuits. Then add a dollop of whipped Country Crock® Plant Cream on top. Layer the other biscuit halves on top followed by more strawberries and Country Crock® Plant Cream.