Prep: 15 minutes plus chilling • Serves: 16
1/2 cup PICS pitted dates
1/2 cup PICS sliced almonds
1/2 cup PICS unsweetened coconut flakes
1/3 cup sunflower seed butter
1/4 teaspoon PICS salt
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup tahini
2 tablespoons PICS maple syrup, at room temperature
1 teaspoon PICS vanilla extract
2 teaspoons toasted Full Circle sesame seeds
1. Line 8-inch square baking dish with aluminum foil so that foil extends about 2 inches over sides of dish; spray with cooking spray.
2. In food processor, pulse dates, almonds and coconut on high until fine crumbs form.
3. In large bowl, stir sunflower seed butter, salt and date mixture; firmly press into prepared dish.
4. In medium microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate chips in microwave oven on high 1 minute 20 seconds or until melted, stirring every 20 seconds; stir in tahini, syrup and vanilla extract. Spread chocolate mixture over sunflower seed butter mixture; sprinkle with sesame seeds and refrigerate 1 hour.
5. Using overhanging sides of foil, transfer bar to cutting board; remove foil and cut into 16 square bars. Refrigerate bars in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.
Serving Size: 1 bar
Approximate nutritional values per serving:
210 Calories, 15g Fat (5g Saturated), 0mg Cholesterol, 58mg Sodium,
17g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 11g Sugars, 8g Added Sugars, 4g Protein