Prep: 55 minutes
Bake: 25 minutes • Serves: 12
2 lobsters (about 1-1/4 pounds each) or 1-3/4 cups cooked lobster meat
3 tablespoons PICS unsalted butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons PICS all-purpose flour
2 cups PICS half and half
1/4 cup dry sherry
1 teaspoon PICS salt
1/4 teaspoon PICS ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
1 block (8 ounces) PICS sharp white Cheddar cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
1/2 cup mascarpone or PICS cream cheese
1-1/2 cups PICS shredded Parmesan
PICS Nonstick cooking spray
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (optional)
1. Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add macaroni; cook as label directs. Drain macaroni and return to saucepot.
2. Heat separate large covered saucepot filled 2/3 full with salted water to a boil over high heat. Fill large bowl with ice and cold water. Add lobsters to boiling water; cover and return to a boil. Uncover; cook 4 minutes or until the entire shells turn red, turning lobsters so that they are totally submersed in boiling water. With tongs, transfer lobsters to ice water to cool.
3. With a turning motion, tear away lobster tails from heads; repeat to remove claws from bodies, discarding any green parts that may have been removed with the tail. Remove as much meat as possible from claws and tails and coarsely chop.
4. Preheat oven to 375°. In large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Whisk in garlic and flour; cook 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Whisk in half and half, sherry, salt, nutmeg and pepper; cook 3 minutes or until smooth and slightly thickened. Stir in Cheddar cheese, mascarpone and 3/4 cup Parmesan; cook 2 minutes or until smooth, stirring frequently. Fold cheese mixture and lobster into macaroni until coated. Makes about 7 cups.
5. Spray 12-cup standard muffin pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese into cups; top with macaroni mixture and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Bake cups 25 minutes or until tops are lightly browned; let stand 10 minutes before serving. Makes 12 mac & cheese cups.
6. Serve mac & cheese cups sprinkled with chives.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 mac & cheese cup):
334 Calories, 21g Fat, 13g Saturated Fat, 93mg Cholesterol, 630mg Sodium,
19g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 2g Sugars, 0g Added Sugars, 17g Protein
For a crunchy topping, sprinkle 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs over macaroni mixture in muffin pan before sprinkling with Parmesan.