Prep: 15 minutes plus cooling
Broil/Cook: 31 minutes • Serves: 8
1-1/4 cups PICS maple syrup
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons PICS unsalted butter, melted
3 large Granny Smith and/or Fuji apples, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick rounds and cored
1 bottle (10.6 ounces) PICS shake and pour buttermilk pancake mix
1/2 tablespoon PICS ground cinnamon
Chopped pecans for garnish (optional)
1. Place oven rack 4 to 5 inches from broiler; preheat broiler to high. Line 2 rimmed baking pans with aluminum foil; spray with cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, whisk 1/4 cup syrup, sugar and butter. Add apples; toss. Place apples in single layer on prepared pans; drizzle with syrup mixture in bowl. In 2 batches, broil apples 8 minutes or until golden brown, turning once; cool 10 minutes.
3. Prepare pancake mix with 1-1/2 cups cool water as label directs. Makes about 2 cups.
4. Preheat griddle or large nonstick skillet over medium heat; spray with cooking spray. Place 1 cup batter in wide shallow dish (cover and refrigerate remaining 1 cup batter up to 3 days); stir in cinnamon. In 3 batches, dip apples in batter, allowing excess to drip off, and place on griddle; cook 5 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Makes about 24 pancakes.
5. Serve pancakes drizzled with remaining 1 cup syrup garnished with pecans, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (3 pancakes, 1 tablespoon syrup):
196 Calories, 4g Fat (2g Saturated), 8mg Cholesterol, 82mg Sodium,
40g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 29g Sugars, 22g Added Sugars, 1g Protein