Prep: 40 minutes
Bake: 15 minutes • Serves: 4
1/2 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated PICS pie crusts
1 tablespoon PICS olive oil
1 pound lean sirloin steak, cubed
1/4 teaspoon PICS salt
1/2 teaspoon PICS black pepper
1 package (8-ounces) sliced Market 32 portabella mushrooms
1-1/2 cups less-sodium PICS beef broth
1 package (12 ounces) frozen PICS mixed vegetables
1 large potato, peeled and diced
2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
1-1/2 tablespoons PICS tomato paste
1 tablespoon PICS cornstarch
PICS nonstick cooking spray
1.Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly flour work surface; unroll crust onto work surface. With rolling pin, roll crust into 12 1/2-inch circle. Invert 4 (10-ounce) ramekins or oven-safe dishes onto crust; with paring knife, cut along rim of each ramekin to make 4 dough rounds. Discard crust scraps.
2. In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. Add beef to skillet. Cook 5 minutes or until evenly browned, stirring occasionally; transfer beef to bowl.
3. To same skillet, add mushrooms; cook 5 minutes or until browned. Add broth; stir to scrape browned bits from bottom of skillet. Add vegetables, potato, thyme, tomato paste and beef. Cover; cook 10 minutes or until potato is tender.
4. With large spoon, transfer 1/4 cup liquid from skillet to small bowl; whisk in cornstarch. Stir cornstarch mixture into skillet with beef mixture.
5. Spray ramekins used for cutting crust with cooking spray; evenly spoon beef mixture into prepared ramekins. Place 1 dough round over top of each ramekin, pressing edges of dough against sides of ramekins. With paring knife, cut 4 small slits in top of dough.
6. Place pies on rimmed baking pan; lightly spray top of each pie with cooking spray. Bake 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 pie):
400 Calories, 14g Fat, 5g Saturated Fat, 80mg Cholesterol, 620mg Sodium,
36g Carbohydrates, 7g Fiber, 7g Sugars, 0g Added Sugars, 35g Protein