Putting some thought behind your snack choices can help you feel your best. Use the following tips to enjoy snacks that leave you feeling energized and ready for adventure.
The best way to keep energy levels up is to fill up on protein and fiber. This combination will keep you nourished for hours.
• Homemade trail mix with whole-grain cereal, nuts, seeds and dried fruit
• Roasted chickpeas
• Cheese cubes
• Beef or turkey jerky
• Ham and cheese roll-ups
• Peanut butter sandwiches
• Hard-cooked eggs
Keep it Fresh
Fruits and veggies are ideal choices for snacks. Make them more exciting by pairing with nutrient-dense dips like guacamole, hummus, nut butter or yogurt.
• Seasonal fruit like watermelon, berries and peaches
• Dried fruits
• Cucumber slices
• Mini bell peppers
Fun and easy-to-eat snacks are best for the youngsters.
• String cheese
• Squeezable or drinkable yogurt
• Ants on a log (celery sticks, peanut butter and raisins)
• Whole-grain crackers or popcorn
• No-bake energy bites made with nut butter or sunflower seed butter combined with oats, vanilla, honey, flaxseed and chocolate chips